- i3 Broadband's mission is to be our customer's first choice in connecting and communicating with the world. We do this by providing a unique blend of outstanding customer service and low prices. At i3 Broadband, customer SATISFACTION is our top priority.
- The terms outlined below should be representative of our three core values of providing high quality services, offered at reasonable prices, by outstanding employees empowered to help our customers.
- We believe everything below is fair, just, and reasonable, however if for any reason, you feel you need clarification on anything contained herein, we encourage you to reach out to us via email at info@i3Broadband.com
Terms of Service
- i3 Broadband, LLC equipment and services ("Services") are provided by i3 Broadband, LLC, located at 602 High Point Lane East Peoria, IL 61611, United States, or one of its local subsidiaries (i3 Broadband, LLC and its local subsidiaries are referred to below as "i3 Broadband"). The i3 Broadband Terms of Service ("Terms") means the terms specified herein and below. By signing up for, or in any way using the Services, you agree to these Terms. By agreeing to the Terms, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and capable of entering into a legally binding agreement on behalf of yourself and others in your residence who may utilize the Services. Your continued use of an account and/or Services signifies acceptance of any and all policies and policy changes, and you may cancel if you do not agree with changes in policy, service, or pricing.
- Equipment- i3 Broadband may provide or rent various pieces of equipment to you in connection with the Services. If you lose or damage this equipment after installation, i3 Broadband may charge you a fee for replacement equipment. Equipment fees are subject to change. You can find more information about equipment fees in the Rates and Fee Schedule. Unless explicitly stated in the Rates and Fee Schedule, i3 Broadband owns all equipment provided by i3 Broadband in connection with the Services. You authorize i3 Broadband to install software upgrades on any equipment provided by i3 Broadband. You also agree not to use the i3 Broadband equipment for any purpose other than using the Services.
- Installation- You agree to provide i3 Broadband with all necessary access to the premises at the address where you sign up for Services to be installed (referred to as "your residence" below) so that the equipment necessary for you to receive the Services may be installed and configured. You agree that i3 Broadband may install equipment on the exterior and interior of your residence (including affixing equipment to the inside and outside of your residence) at any reasonable location. You also agree that i3 Broadband may use, and that you have the necessary permissions to approve i3 Broadband use of, existing facilities, including existing wiring in and around your residence, to complete the installation services. If you rent or otherwise do not own your residence, you may be asked to provide written evidence that you have received all permissions necessary for i3 Broadband to perform installation services. **If i3 Broadband incurs any costs, including attorneys' fees, because you did not get the necessary authorization(s) for i3 Broadband to install the equipment required for the Services, you are responsible for reimbursing i3 Broadband for those costs. Acceptance of these Terms does not guarantee that i3 Broadband will install or provide any Services. We may need a separate agreement with you or your landlord in order to install the Services.
- Use of i3 Broadband Services- You agree not to misuse the Services, which includes using the Services for purposes that are illegal, are improper, infringe the rights of others, or adversely impact others' enjoyment of the Services. Examples of misuses and prohibited activities are set forth in our Accepted Use Policy, which is incorporated into these Terms. You are responsible for all use and activity on the Services, whether such activity is undertaken by you or someone else. If you are using the Services in a residence or other location you do not own or control (such as a hospital, hotel, etc.), you may have agreements related to the Services with property owners, managers, or other third parties outside these Terms; i3 Broadband is not a party to such agreements and therefore is not responsible for nor bound by such agreements.
- Resale and Redistribution- Except with respect to certain television content authorized by i3 Broadband to be viewed outside of your residence, the Services are intended for the personal use of you and other occupants and guests within your residence. You agree not to resell or repackage the Services or otherwise make them available to anyone outside of your residence. If you wish to use the Services to provide Internet service to others outside of your residence, you must enter a separate agreement with i3 Broadband that specifically authorizes you to do so.
- Security- i3 Broadband makes an effort to keep its network secure, but no network security is perfect. While i3 Broadband may provide technical assistance to you, you are responsible for implementing appropriate security measures when using the Services, including taking whatever steps are necessary to ensure that your data is not accessed by unauthorized third parties. i3 Broadband is not responsible for any damages to users of the Services that may be caused by unauthorized third parties.
- Billing and Payment- You agree to pay any and all applicable fees for the Services you purchase, whether ordered by you, someone authorized by you or someone with access to the Services pursuant to your i3 Broadband account. i3 Broadband will send all bills and other required notices by email to the address associated with your account. You may also access this information through your online Myi3 Broadband website account. You agree to pay recurring monthly service fees in advance of the billing cycle in which you will receive the Services. i3 Broadband will bill one time charges, such as video content purchases, and/or fees associated with usage in the billing cycle following your authorization of such charges. You authorize i3 Broadband to automatically collect payments of any and all fees associated with your use of the Services from your designated payment method. i3 Broadband will email a bill to the email address associated with your account. The bill will indicate the date the amount you owe is due and will be collected via your designated payment method (which may be the same date your bill is sent if permitted by applicable laws). If payment is not received due to insufficient funds or for any other reason, i3 Broadband may, consistent with applicable laws, assess late payment fees, returned check fees, and/or suspend or terminate the Services if payment is more than thirty (30) days past due. You agree that i3 Broadband is not responsible for any third party charges you may incur in connection with your credit card or other payment method.
- E-Check and Savings transactions- By providing your bank routing and account number in writing in the sign-up authorization, I authorize i3 Broadband to debit my checking/savings account to make recurring electronic funds transfers (EFT) or drafts from my account, and, if necessary, to electronically credit my account to correct erroneous debits. If any of my payments return unpaid, I authorize i3 Broadband or i3 Broadband's service provider to collect any such returned payments, and my state's return fee, for each such returned payment and, if applicable, costs as set forth by EFT(s) or draft(s) from my account. I understand that this authorization will remain in full force and effect until I notify i3 Broadband in writing or by phone that I wish to revoke this authorization.
- Changing and Canceling Services; Termination- You may change or cancel the Services at any time unless you entered into a separate contract with i3 Broadband for your services. You may also be required to return some or all of the equipment. If you do not return this equipment, you may be required to pay a replacement fee. You can find more information about equipment replacement fees in the Rates and Fee Schedule. The fees for Service upgrades, downgrades, removed or added premium packages will be prorated based upon the Service activation date. If you request cancellation of all your Services, your Services will be available until the cancellation date you select. Once your service is disconnected, a credit for the remaining portion of the current billing cycle will be applied towards any remaining balance. Your i3 Broadband account will not be terminated until all billing obligations are resolved. If there is a credit balance at the time your account is terminated, it will be refunded to the last used payment method in your i3 Broadband account. If your Services included free or paid-for subscriptions to services other than those provided by i3 Broadband, i3 Broadband will stop covering the costs of those services at the time your account is terminated or suspended. It will be up to you to work with the provider of those services to determine whether you wish to continue subscribing to those services and how you will pay for them. As permitted by applicable laws and agreements, i3 Broadband reserves the right to terminate some or all of the Services it provides to you at any time, in its sole discretion, for any reason, without notice.
- Installation of Fiber-to-the-Premise- In the course of bringing the i3 Broadband network to an address for the first time, a service-line drop cable will be installed from a network access point, to a transition housing mounted on the exterior of the premise at a mutually serviceable and agreeable point. From the exterior transition housing, a cable will be installed to a wallplate within the served location. The service drop, transition housing, and wallplate will be the permanent demarcation point for the i3 Broadband fiber network for that address (similar to an electric meter, gas, cable, or telephone service point). The cable will be provisioned for burial after the installation is completed. Once the cable has been buried, the customer bears any costs in replacement, and/or relocation of the demarcation points servicing the property. Neither the drop cable, transition housing, nor the wallplate are to be removed by the customer in the event of cancellation or termination of services from i3 Broadband.
- CALL 811 BEFORE YOU DIG! Illinois state law requires that anyone planning an outdoor project that requires digging, regardless of the depth or the size of the project, must call JULIE first (JULIE is the Illinois One-Call System, and stands for Joint Utility Locating Information for Excavators). JULIE is a not-for-profit corporation. JULIE does not own or mark any underground lines. The organization's mission is to prevent damages to underground utilities, the environment and property, reduce service interruptions and costly repairs, and save lives. 8-1-1 is the nationwide toll-free number for locate services, and both the call and JULIE's services are free.
- Battery Backup- Your Phone Services require electricity to operate. If there is a power outage, you will not be able to make or receive calls, including 911 calls, unless you have battery backup power. You are solely responsible for choosing to rent, or obtaining battery backup capabilities, and we will not be liable for the failure of your service during a power outage, including failure due to the lack or nonperformance of battery backup power. We will not provide support for, or be responsible for, ongoing maintenance or management of any battery backup equipment you rent or purchase. You can learn more about battery backup options in our Rates and Fee Schedule.
- Our Warranties and Disclaimers- We provide the Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we don't promise about the Services. OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR IN A SEPARATE AGREEMENT PROVIDED TO YOU BY i3 BROADBAND OR AN AGENT THEREOF, NEITHER i3 BROADBAND NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED TO YOU BY i3 BROADBAND, ITS DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON'T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTION OF THE EQUIPMENT OR SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT "AS IS." SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES.
- Liability for our Services- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF i3 BROADBAND, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN). IN ALL CASES, i3 BROADBAND, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE. WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, i3 BROADBAND, AND i3 BROADBAND'S SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
- Copyright Issues- We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Businesses- If you wish to subscribe to any Services on behalf of a business, please contact us here for more information. Additional terms of service apply to use of the Services by a business.
- International Calling- All calls between two different countries will be charged on a rate per minute basis. Calls will be rounded up to the nearest minute. The applicable rates vary per country and are subject to change at any time without notice. Current rates are available here .
- Reliance on Information: Our site may include publications with technical inaccuracies or typographical errors that may be corrected as they are discovered at i3 Broadband's sole discretion. Additionally, changes will be made periodically to the information contained and maintained by i3 Broadband. At any time, i3 Broadband reserves the right to make modifications, changes and/or improvements to our site or conditions of use. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Acceptable Use Policy
- Use of i3 Broadband and related Services is subject to the following Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). In addition to complying with our Terms of Service, you agree not to use or allow third parties to use the Services provided to you for any of the following purposes:
- To use any i3 Broadband equipment for anything other than its intended purpose.
- To violate or encourage the violation of the legal rights of others.
- For any unlawful, invasive, infringing, defamatory, or fraudulent purpose.
- To intentionally distribute viruses, worms, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or other items of a destructive or deceptive nature.
- To operate servers for commercial purposes. However, personal, non-commercial use of servers that comply with this AUP is acceptable, including using virtual private networks (VPN) to access services in your home and using hardware or applications that include server capabilities for uses like multi-player gaming, video-conferencing, and home security.
- To generate or facilitate sending unsolicited bulk commercial email via the Services.
- To make the Services available to anyone outside the property to which the Services are delivered, to resell the Services directly or indirectly, except as explicitly approved by i3 Broadband in writing, or to create substitute or related services through the use of or access to the Services (for example, to provide Wi-Fi services to third parties outside of your residence).
- To interfere with the use of the Services or the equipment used to provide the Services by customers or other authorized users.
- To alter, disable, interfere with, or circumvent any aspect of the Services, including but not limited to security features of the Services.
- Network abuse- Use of i3 Broadband accounts or services for orchestration of or participation in any abuse of the i3 Broadband or any other network, system or service is expressly forbidden and is grounds for account termination and possible legal action. Any action which interferes with the i3 Broadband or other networks or which affects the use of or access to any network is likewise expressly forbidden. i3 Broadband retains at all times the right to determine what constitutes network abuse. Examples include but are not limited to: Attempts to hack the i3 Broadband network or any other network or systems, Port scanning, Use of cracking software or techniques, Dissemination of viruses or malware, Provocation of attacks on the i3 Broadband network or any other network, Conduct which causes i3 Broadband to be blocked by another provider or which causes i3 Broadband to be placed on a block-list, Flooding i3 Broadband or any other network with traffic for the purpose of disrupting service.
- i3 Broadband customers must also comply with the acceptable use policies and legal matters of our upstream providers, NTT Communications www.us.ntt.com Cogent Communications www.cogentco.com and Level 3 Communications www.level3.com
- Your failure to comply with the AUP may result in suspension and/or termination of the Services.
- i3 Broadband will normally attempt to contact any user in violation of this Acceptable Use Policy before taking action, but depending on the circumstances or the severity of the violation action may be taken without prior notification. In this case, the user will be notified as soon as it is practicable.
- Congestion Management- In the unlikely event that users' aggregate demand exceeds the available capacity of the network and creates acute congestion, i3 Broadband will employ various techniques to ensure that subscribers continue to have a positive experience. In times of acute congestion, i3 Broadband Internet service bandwidth will be fairly allocated among subscribers without regard to the subscribers' online activities or the protocols or applications that the subscribers are using. While acute congestion is occurring, subscribers will still be able to use the lawful content, services, and applications of their choice, but this fair sharing of bandwidth may result in slower download and upload speeds and slower response times from websites and Internet-based applications and services. i3 Broadband will not engage in deep packet inspection (where the content of the data packet is inspected beyond its IP, TCP, and UDP headers) or drop specific types of end-user Internet traffic except as described herein to preserve the integrity of the network and protect against negative effects of Internet threats.
- i3 Broadband does not prevent or impede the use of any other product or service that its subscribers choose to access over their i3 Broadband Internet service as long as the use of that product or service does not violate the service terms and conditions. i3 Broadband also does not favor or inhibit any applications or classes of applications except as described herein.
- Service Offering Characteristics- i3 Broadband offers a selection of Internet access service offerings to meet subscribers' budgetary and usage needs. Details about i3 Broadband's service offerings are available here
- The advertised speed of the subscriber's chosen i3 Broadband Internet offering is the maximum speed expected to be achievable for that service offering. Several factors may affect the actual speed of i3 Broadband's service offerings at any particular point in time. These factors include, but are not limited to: the capability of the subscriber's device used to access i3 Broadband; the capability of the business network between the subscriber's device and i3 Broadband; the capability of websites or other Internet services accessed by the subscriber; the connectivity and capacity of Content Delivery Networks (CDNs); the subscriber's use of i3 Broadband's Television service (if applicable); and network congestion/other Internet traffic.
- Detailed summaries of i3 Broadband's Internet service performance, including information about speed and latency, optimizing your wireless network, and a provided Internet speed test for subscribers to test their connections themselves can be found here
- i3 Broadband's Internet services are priced on a flat-fee basis (plus taxes and government fees). i3 Broadband does not charge subscribers a usage-based fee for Internet access service and does not employ volume-based data caps. More information about the pricing of i3 Broadband's service offerings and other fees is available here
- Bandwidth is provided on a per-subscriber basis. The subscriber's bandwidth is shared by all connected devices within the subscriber's premises.
- Network Security- i3 Broadband engages in network management practices intended to address threats to its network and subscribers. i3 Broadband reserves the right at any time to take action necessary to protect the integrity of its network and other parts of the Internet. This may include terminating or suspending service to subscribers who engage in activity that violates the i3 Broadband Terms of Service, including but not limited to activity that threatens to undermine the integrity of i3 Broadband's network or services.
- i3 Broadband uses industry standard tools and generally accepted best practices and policies to prevent subscribers and other Internet users from experiencing the negative effects of Internet threats such as viruses, spam, denial of service attacks, and other unwanted or harmful online content and activities.
- Please notify i3 Broadband of any perceived network security or other Internet threats.
- Attachment of Devices- i3 Broadband's subscribers may attach any device of their choice to the i3 Broadband Internet service that is compatible with the i3 Broadband network (i.e., supports IPv4 via Ethernet or Wi-Fi technologies), does not violate the i3 Broadband Terms of Service, and does not cause harm to the network, other users, or the provision of Internet access service. The performance a user experiences may vary depending on the capability and configuration of devices being used on the service.
- Special Information Regarding Wi-Fi Routers- i3 Broadband does not currently offer its subscribers a router, Wi-fi, or firewall service. i3 Broadband highly recommends the use of a router, firewalls, and encryption. Using a Wi-Fi encryption method will help prevent unauthorized users from accessing a subscriber's network.
- i3 Broadband subscribers are responsible for activity that occurs over their connections, including unlawful use by third parties. While Wi-Fi encryption does not encrypt traffic that a subscriber sends over the Internet, it does provide encryption for the Wi-Fi portion of the communications path between the subscriber's wireless device and the subscriber's Wi-Fi-enabled router.
- i3 Broadband's Internet, TV, and Voice service offerings share capacity on the fiber-optic connections to subscribers' premises. To provide customers with consistently high-quality Voice and Video services, the capacity available for the i3 Broadband Internet service may be reduced by the amount of data subscribers are utilizing i3 Broadband Voice and Television services and, in particular, if subscribers are watching or recording multiple i3 Broadband Television streams simultaneously.
- i3 Broadband's Internet, TV and Phone service offerings share capacity on the fiber-optic connections to subscribers' premises. To provide customers with a consistently high-quality service, we may use certain network management practices related to the Phone Services, including: Limiting or suspending heavy, continuous usage that adversely impacts our network's performance or hinders access to our network. For example, we may automatically terminate any call that exceeds two hours in duration. Limiting or suspending usage that we reasonably suspect is unlawful, fraudulent, or does not comply with the Accepted Use Policy. Restricting access to any telephone number and/or certain categories of telephone numbers (e.g., 9XX numbers other than 911).
- Collect calls cannot be received with i3 Broadband phone service. Calling cards may be used as a substitute.
- i3 Broadband's voicemail can be checked from your phone or by email. The service uses email notification, not stutter tone to alert you of new messages.
- i3 Broadband's policies and procedures for handling customer information have been created with the understanding that Internet technologies are still evolving and that Internet business methods are continuing to evolve to meet the needs and opportunities of the changing technologies. As a result, i3 Broadband's policies and procedures are subject to change. The most recent version will be posted to the website and users agree to be bound by the policy as it exists when the customer uses the site.
- How is customer information used? i3 Broadband may share customer information with selected partners, for example, to provide customers with information about products that might be of interest to the customer or to enable the customer to take advantage of special partner programs. i3 Broadband may also use customer information to provide its customers with system information or information about new or upgraded products.
- Opt Out & Modifications- Customers may not opt out of receiving information from i3 Broadband that is essential for maintaining or updating customers' accounts or system information.
- Customer Information- Most customers may access and modify their personal information by logging in to the customer account section of the web site. All other customers may access and modify their personal information by contacting the appropriate i3 Broadband Billing Department.
- Disclosure of Customer Information and Communications- i3 Broadband will not otherwise disclose its customers' personal and account information unless i3 Broadband has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, make contact with, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing harm or interfering with the rights or property of i3 Broadband, i3 Broadband's customers, or others, or where i3 Broadband has a good faith belief that the law requires such disclosure.
- i3 Broadband also will not, except for reasons stated below, disclose to third parties the contents of any electronic mail or other electronic communications that i3 Broadband stores or transmits for its customers. The circumstances under which i3 Broadband will disclose such electronic customer communications are when: 1.it is necessary in order to provide service to the customer; 2.it is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of i3 Broadband and its customers; 3.it is required to cooperate with interception orders, warrants, or other legal process that i3 Broadband determines in its sole discretion to be valid and enforceable; and 4.it is necessary to provide to a law enforcement agency when the contents are inadvertently obtained by i3 Broadband and appear to pertain to the commission of a crime.
- i3 Broadband disclaims any intention to censor, edit or engage in ongoing review or surveillance of communications stored on or transmitted through its facilities by customers or others. i3 Broadband will, however, review, delete or block access to communications that may harm i3 Broadband, its customers or third parties. The grounds on which i3 Broadband may take such action include, but are not limited to, actual or potential violations of i3 Broadband's Acceptable Use Policy.
Rates and Fee Schedule
- The i3 Broadband Rates and Fee schedule describes the equipment and/or related fees for the i3 Broadband Services or equipment that subscribers (you) may purchase from i3 Broadband, and/or the fees that you will be liable for in the event of damage and/or for un-returned equipment fees. Any purchase and use of the i3 Broadband Services described below are governed by the i3 Broadband Terms of Service.
- $120 ONT (Optical Network Terminal)
- $91 i3 Smart WiFi - Plume® SuperPods (each)
- $50 Battery Back Up
- $120 Set Top Boxes
- $250 DVR's
- $70 Wireless Access Points and/or Stations used for Television services
- $12 Remote Controls
- Regardless of your Service plan, you will be required to pay the applicable Replacement Fee if you lose or damage any of the equipment listed above.
- If you are cancelling ALL i3 Broadband services- You must return all of the equipment provided to you except for the Fiber Transition Housing on the exterior, and/or the Fiber-Optic Wallplate installed on the interior of your service location.
- If you are cancelling ONLY Television Services, you must return all Set Top Boxes, DVR's, Wireless AP's & Stations, remote controls, and all related power supplies.
- If you do not return the applicable equipment in good working order within twenty-five (25) days after Service is terminated, you will be responsible for payment of the Replacement Fee(s) listed above.
- View current pricing of i3 Broadband's service offerings and other fees here